The division of Academic Innovation, to which TLS belongs, brings together experts in teaching, technology, and virtual learning to ensure UTSA faculty have the tools, resources, and knowledge they need to deliver accessible, high quality online, and hybrid courses. Below is a list of available resources and tools.
NOTE: Regardless of teaching modality, remember to not only tie it back to learning outcomes, but to consider Universal Design and Accessibility options for students who may need them.
Best Practices for Teaching Online – Faculty Guide based on Quality Matters standards and provides blueprints, prototypes, examples and step-by-step guidelines to offer a student-centered learning experience in the online environment.
- High Five for Remote Learning
- Student Guide to Online Learning
- Blackboard Learn: For Students
- Roadrunner Resources
- Student Support Gateway
24/7 Blackboard Support
- Phone: Call 210-458-4520 and press option 1 to access Blackboard Support anytime.
- Email: Blackboard Support can be emailed directly at firstname.lastname@example.org (for faster service, please use your UTSA email account)
- Self Help Portal : Live chat; create a case; access Bb knowledgebase articles (log in for full experience)
- Blackboard Support Virtual Consultation: Book a virtual appointment with a Blackboard Support Specialist for a 30-minute consultation, Monday-Friday between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Click on the book a consultation link to get started.