Rubrics provide structure and information that both students and faculty value. For students, rubrics take the guesswork out of how faculty evaluate their work. For faculty and TAs/graders, rubrics provide an easy to follow, objective way of measuring levels of student achievement and ensure equitable grading. This in turn speeds up grading, reduces student questions, provides useful feedback, and can prevent implicit bias.
Rubrics can be created and deployed in Canvas to make grading and providing feedback easier. For how, review the:
- How to Add a Rubric to a Course,
- How do I add a rubric to an assignment, and
- watch the Rubrics Overview video.
- Appropriate Criteria: Key to Effective Rubrics
- Creating and Using Rubrics
- VALUE Rubrics from AAC&U
- Canvas Analytics